Groceries and household product costs seem to increase more and more each year. Wouldn’t it be great to save a few bucks each time you shop for these essentials? What if I told you that you can not only save money, but you can also earn cash back on products that you already intend to buy? Guess what, y’all…This idea of earning cash for shopping isn’t some gimmick. With a few amazing grocery rebate apps, you can earn enough money back to cover other expenses or start a nice little savings account!
The Best Grocery Rebate Apps
This is my absolute favorite grocery rebate app! I earn the most money back from Ibotta, by far. It offers rebates on specific brands of products as well as “any brand” to cover generics. They also have an amazing referral program so you can earn money for telling your friends about it!
What I Love About Ibotta:
- Frequent Rebate Updates
- Multiple Categories to shop from:
- Grocery, Pharmacy, Clothing, Beer, Wine, & Spirits, Beauty & Wellness, Specialty, On the Go, and more!
- Receive extra rebates when you reach a certain goal. Example–>You redeem 7 rebates and your team redeems 20…or Purchase 2 products of a featured brand. There are usually multiple bonuses open at a time and this makes shopping feel a little more like a game than a chore.
- These bonuses change regularly with brand promotion changes so be sure to check the ‘Bonus’ tab before shopping.
- Rebates are paid via Paypal, Venmo, or various gift cards.
- Receive $10 extra on your first redeemed rebate
- Receive $5 every time you refer a friend and they redeem their first rebate.
How to Use Ibotta:
1) Set up your account
Enter your information (email address, birthday, name…just the basics). Then, you can choose your favorite stores & apps so Ibotta can tailor savings to your preferences.
2) Select the store where you plan to shop or browse all local offers.
3) Select the items that you plan to purchase.
You might have to answer a quick product question, watch a video, or view a recipe to unlock the rebates, but this is a very quick process.
4) Verify your purchases.
You can scan barcodes in store to be sure that they match. After making your purchase, click “redeem” and scan the product barcodes (if you didn’t do this in store) then scan your receipt.
5) Redeem your rebates!
Your rebate amount will show in your account drop down. Once you reach $20 you can transfer the money to a gift card or to your PayPal account.
Sign up for Ibotta here with code ‘ykgsiwy’ and get a $10 welcome bonus!
#2 Checkout 51
Checkout51 is next in line in my list of favorite money making grocery rebate apps. It doesn’t offer as many rebates as Ibotta and it does not have a referral program, but it does help to increase my earnings.
What I Love About Checkout51:
- Rebates redeemable at almost any store. There are some store specific items, but most are available for any retailer.
- You can stack Checkout51 rebates with Ibotta!!
- Similar to Ibotta’s rebate system… Receive a bonus for completing certain offers such as the P&G bonus shown in the first image below.
- $500 Giveaway entry with every $60 purchase
What I Don’t Love:
- Checkout 51 won’t pay out via PayPal…they send you a check in the mail.
- They have no referral program.
How To Use Checkout51:
1) Set up your account.
Checkout51 will ask for your basic info (name, birthday, and email address) and then they allow you to add your location & family size if you choose so they can personalize your offers.
2) Select offers for products that you plan to purchase.
3) Redeem the coupons from your savings list.
Just click ‘Redeem’ at the bottom of your screen and click the bubble next to each product from your list that you purchased.
4) Upload your receipt to verify your purchases.
4) Redeem your rebates!
Once your reach $20 you can have your money sent to you in a check by mail.
Sign up for Checkout 51 here!
This app is found inside the Walmart app. It price matches your Walmart purchases with competitor’s prices.
What I Love About Walmart Savings Catcher:
- Price matching the easy way!
- Get $$ back if any local competitors have lower prices than what you paid.
- Receive rebates on e-gift card to spend in store.
What I Don’t Love:
- They do not have a referral program.
How to use Walmart Savings Catcher:
1) Create a Walmart account.
All they need is your name, email, and a password.
2) Open Savings Catcher within the Walmart app.
Click ‘Services’ at the bottom of your screen and Savings Catcher will be one of the first options to pop up.
3) Scan your receipt.
Once you reach $20, just like Ibotta & Checkout 51, you can redeem your rebates on a Walmart gift card.
Sign up here!
These grocery rebate apps cost you nothing to you and they allow you to earn cash back on products that you are already going to buy so….what are you waiting for??