Honey, butter, and bread are three of my favorite foods so I combined them all together in this mouth-watering recipe for Honey Butter Dinner Rolls! These sweet & tasty rolls are the perfect side for any Southern dinner!
You can see my video recipe tutorial here 🙂
Honey Butter Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup milk (lukewarm temp)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP Honey (locally sourced if possible)
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place all dough ingredients into the Bread Machine or mixing bowl in the order listed.
- Start the dough cycle if using a bread machine. If mixing by hand, then mix until dough comes off the side of the bowl to form a ball.
- Divide dough into 20 parts on a floured surface and roll into balls.
- Put the dough balls on a greased baking pan.
- Cover the dough balls and allow them to rise for about 20-30 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt butter & honey and brush over the rolls.
Your kids will love helping mama make Honey Butter Dinner Rolls, too!
Necessity is the Mother of Invention
The next time that I made these yummy rolls I realized that I was out of flour after mixing all of the other ingredients in :/
Helpful hint–> always check ingredient availability before you start…
This issue was remedied by replacing the missing flour with some boxed pancake mix that I had stashed in the pantry. Here is how that turned out…
The dough was a little stickier this time than in the original recipe, but I wasn’t going to give up on it this far in. I put the dough into a muffin pan to help shape the dough since it wouldn’t form into balls as well.
These rolls were cooked at the same temperature and for the same amount of time as the original recipe.They turned out great!
I didn’t put the glaze on these, but they were delicious and sweet! My son was able to help serve these at Soulfood Cafe and people seemed to really enjoy them:)
Do you have a favorite dinner roll recipe? Share it with me in the comments!
Linked up with TGIT, Creative Collection, Share it One More Time, Dare to Share, Sharefest, Happiness is Homemade, Bloggy Brunch, Mommy Moments, Dishing It & Digging It, Motivate Me Monday, Titus 2, Penny Pinching Party, Homestead Blog Hop, Women With Intention