Honey, butter, and bread are three of my favorite foods so I combined them all together in this mouth-watering recipe for Honey Butter Rolls! I started the dough out in the bread machine before rolling the dough, separating it into balls, and placing in the oven, but you could start the dough without the bread machine just as well. You can see my video recipe tutorial here 🙂
Honey Butter Rolls
- 1 cup milk (lukewarm temp)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP Honey
- Place ingredients into bread machine (or mixing bowl) in the order listed.
- Start the dough cycle if using machine. If mixing by hand then mix until dough comes off the side of the bowl to form a ball.
- Divide dough into 20 parts on a floured surface and roll into balls.
- Put the dough balls on a greased pan and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the dough balls and allow them to rise for a second time for about 20-30 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt butter & honey and brush over the rolls.
Necessity is the Mother of Invention
I made these a second time, but I ran out of flour….helpful hint–> always check ingredient availability before you start…This issue was remedied by replacing the missing flour with some boxed pancake mix that I had stashed in the pantry. Here is how that turned out…
The dough was a little stickier than the original recipe, but I wasn’t going to give up on it this far in. I put the dough into a muffin pan to help shape the dough since it wouldn’t form into balls as well.They turned out great! I didn’t put the glaze on these, but they were delicious and sweet! My son was able to help serve these at Soulfood Cafe and people seemed to enjoy them:)
Do you have a favorite dinner roll recipe? Share it with me in the comments!
Linked up with TGIT, Creative Collection, Share it One More Time, Dare to Share, Sharefest, Happiness is Homemade, Bloggy Brunch, Mommy Moments, Dishing It & Digging It, Motivate Me Monday, Titus 2, Penny Pinching Party, Homestead Blog Hop, Women With Intention