Goal Setting in the New Year
In the past 2 years, our homestead has downsized from 40 acres to 6 acres. This downsize allowed us to be more efficient and debt free, but we have much less space to work with. Planning and goal setting are a bit more interesting now than they were because we are trying to utilize every inch of our property to its full potential since we don’t have the excess land that we had before and we have more people to feed.
Our family dynamics have also changed in the past two years. In addition to the move, we added a new baby and two new work-at-home jobs for me. Planning is a bit more interesting now than it was because we are trying to utilize every inch of our property to its full potential since we don’t have the excess land that we had before and we have more people to feed.
The goal setting process that we use includes a monthly breakdown as well as a category breakdown. The categories that we use are: Home, Farm, Finances, Family, Faith, and School. We brainstorm goals that we want to reach in each of those categories and we jot them down under an estimated completion month.
Here are the goals that we have set for the new year…
- Add 2-3 more bred cows + a steer
- Sell remainder of goat herd
- Finish Prepping Back to Eden Garden
- Plant salad veggies (lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, carrots)
- Add at least 2 beehives
- Breed Rabbits
- Sell products on Etsy & local markets
- Extract & Sell honey
- Stockpile pantry
- Can produce for next year
- Minimize & Declutter each room
- Reevaluate the functionality of each room
- Complete at least two “no spend” months
- Become debt free except mortgage
- Build emergency fund
- Start vacation fund
- Expand home businesses
- Wean the baby
- Get out of the house more
- Move the 1 year old to her own bed at night
- Camp/Trail Ride on a regular basis
- Become consistent with morning devotionals & bedtime prayers
- Read Scripture daily as a couple (I am almost ashamed to say that we have let life get in the way of this)
- Share faith boldly
- Find an English curriculum that suits the 9 year old
- Start a loose preschool schedule with the 3 year old
- Teach colors and body parts to the 1 year old
I created a set of goal setting worksheets to help you attain effective growth in food, freedom, and profit in your home, school, and farm.
Using these Goal Setting Worksheets
Goals don’t mean much if they aren’t attainable & actionable. We need to use numbers & dates so that we can effectively reach the goals that we set. This is where these worksheets come in. You can write each goal down on the category sheet and make those goals actionable on the calendar sheets!
Download my Goal Calandar and Goals by Category Sheets here!
Password is required on the Member Freebie Page. The password will be sent to your email when you subscribe to our mailing list below. **I only sent out an email once a month so I promise not to blow your inbox up :)**