5 Ways You Can Pray for Your Husband
My husband is a strong man. He supports me, lifts me up, and carries my burdens without wavering. His strength in our marriage sometimes causes me to forget that he has struggles just as I do. He needs support just like I do. I want to positively impact his life as a loving and faithful wife…What better way to do that in a Christian marriage than to be in constant & fervent prayer for him! There are five main topic areas that I want to share that you can focus on when you pray for your husband.
Jennifer from A Momma’s Joy has featured this post on her blog! Head on over to A Momma’s Joy to read more about the 5 ways that you can pray for your husband!
In what ways do you pray for your husband?
Christian Marriage Resources
I have been putting a lot of effort toward enhancing my marriage and improving the communication between myself and my husband this year. There are several resources that I am utilizing to make these efforts truly fruitful. You can check out these resources in addition to the full 5 Ways to Pray for Your Husband post by following these links:
- Thirty-One Prayers For My Husband: Seeing God Move in His Heart
- This book is a great one to read following my blog post on A Momma’s Joy. It lays out more ways that you can pray for your husband to help him to be the man God has created him to be.
- Thirty-One Prayers For My Wife: Seeing God Move In Her Heart
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
- My husband and I have learned each other’s love languages over the past few years and that alone has made a huge difference in our marriage.
- What’s It Like to Be Married to Me?: And Other Dangerous Questions
- I am reading through this book now. So far I am enjoying it and taking the lessons to heart. We have to look outside of our own perspectives sometimes to truly see what others need from us.
- The Love Dare
- The Love Dare is often associated with failing marriages, but it is an excellent resource to build character and strong bonds between happy couples as well.
- Messy Beautiful Love: Hope and Redemption for Real-Life Marriages
- Sacred Marriage: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy?
- You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity
- Wife After God: Drawing Closer to God & Your Husband
- Husband After God: Drawing Closer To God And Your Wife
- Unshakable Marriage: A Look Into Song of Solomon
- In this post, I dispute the myth that the institute of marriage is dead while discussing the passion and love found in Song of Solomon.
- 40 Ways to Be An Awesome Wife
- This post from Love and Blues shares 40 simple random acts of kindness that you can show to your husband when he needs a little pick-me-up or when you just feel like doing something extra for him.
- Date Night Ideas for Parents
- To have a strong marriage, you must put effort into the relationship. Parents of little ones don’t always have the time or money to take regular date night, but this post has some great ideas to help you spend quality time together anyway.
- Letting Our Husbands Lead When We Love Control
- This is so.hard.for.me! I love feeling like I have control over life. I am a micro-manager to a fault… this is a character flaw that I am currently working on. This post helps us to see how control-loving wives like myself can let go and let our husbands lead us the way that they are called to do.
- Three Things That Strain a Marriage
- Marital issues aren’t always caused by obvious conflicts, but many times they are caused by one spouse forgetting to pour into the other. This post discusses three ways that we can pour into our husbands to help avoid unnecessary stress.
- “Marriage was never meant to make me happy all the time. Marriage is a decision to honor God by honoring the one He entrusted to me.” -Lysa Terkeurst
- “How to fight in a Christian marriage: Shut up. Back up. Pray up. Make up.” -Matthew Jacobson
- “A wife who has learned to do business with God is a powerhouse of influence. Not because she manipulates or sulks, but because she stills her heart before her Maker and taps into His grace, courage, and wisdom.” -Ngina Otiende
- “Happier is the wife who learns to hold on to Jesus tighter than she holds onto her husband.” Ngina Otiende
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.
Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.
An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels.
Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
1 John 4:12
If we love one another, God remains in us and his love is made complete in us.
Download this print from the Member Resource Library to display in your home as a reminder to love each other well.
Not Married Yet?
If you are single, dating, or engaged, you can check out these two excellent books to guide you in praying for your future spouse and preparing your heart for your future marriage.
- 31 Prayers For My Future Husband: Preparing My Heart for Marriage by Praying for Him
- 31 Prayers for My Future Wife: Preparing My Heart for Marriage by Praying for Her