My amazing sister-in-law was visiting with us a couple of weekends ago and she blessed me with 4 or 5 large bags of marshmallows! Like I said, she is amazing! I knew we wouldn’t roast that many for smores so I decided to try out a few creative ideas with them. The kids and I had so much fun making these marshmallow recipes and I hope that you will too!
5 Marshmallow Recipes that You Need in Your Life:
#1 Chocolate & Marshmallow Banana Boats
Looking for a super simple & sweet dessert for your summer BBQ or for an indoor movie night snack? Look no further!
- 3 Bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can also use white chocolate, toffee, etc.)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows or large marshmallows cut in fourths
- Slice the banana down the center, but don’t cut the back of the peel or your filling will leak out.
- Squeeze the banana a little and pull it apart
- Stuff the banana with chocolate chips & marshmallows.
- Wrap the stuffed banana in aluminum foil and bake for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees (if indoors) or until the filling is gooey and melty.
- If you have a grill then you can also BBQ the bananas! Just wrap them in foil and place them on the grill for 5-10 minutes.
- Eat with a spoon…Enjoy!
#2 Marshmallow in the Middle Brownie Cupcakes
Ooey Gooey Goodness!
- Jumbo Marshmallows (2 per cupcake)
- Chocolate Frosting
- Brownie Mix- You can use a boxed mix, but I prefer to make my own using these ingredients:
- 1/2 c vegetable oil , 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 large eggs, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan.
- To make the brownie batter, first mix the oil and sugar.
- Add in eggs & vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk them into the liquid mixture.
- Fill the cupcake liners halfway with batter.
Place one marshmallow in the center of each liner.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven they might look a little sad, but that we fix that with our next step.
- Place another marshmallow in the crater that was created by the first marshmallow.
- Bake for another 2 minutes.
- Frost those babies and enjoy!
They look messy, but they taste delicious!
**makes 12 cupcakes
#3 Marshmallow Creme
Use this as a base for so many other yummy recipes or to put in your coffee 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 1 TBSP Corn Syrup
- Place the marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl and pour the corn syrup over them.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then stir.
- If it is still thick and gloppy just microwave it for a little longer (I did another 30 seconds) and then stir again.
#4 Marshmallow Fruit Dip
Such a simple & sweet addition for your fruit tray!
- 7 oz Marshmallow Creme (Recipe in #3 makes about 7 oz)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Mix all three ingredients together
- Dip Fruit
- It is seriously that simple:)
#5 S’mores Crepes
Breakfast or Dessert? I say both!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 2 TBSP Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Marshmallow Creme
- One cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl
- Add milk & vanilla
- Whisk dry ingredients separately and then add into the egg mixture.
- Let this batter sit in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- Pour the batter onto a griddle or skillet and spread thin.
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Pull the crepe off of the stove and top with Marshmallow Creme, graham crackers, and chocolate chips.
- Roll the crepe up, top with more graham crackers crumbs, and enjoy!
Check out these recipes in video form on my Youtube channel!
What is your favorite thing to do with marshmallows? Do you roast them? Use them as pie toppings? Marshmallow Creme?
Have other Marshmallow Recipes to share? Add them in the comments!