I love, love, LOVE making my own bread! It is almost impossible to regularly make bread in the oven with 3 cute, but tyrannical children running around. Mixing, kneading, and pounding the dough with a toddler pulling at your leg is tough.
My awesome husband noticed my unmet desire to provide freshly made bread to my family and he purchased a bread machine for me this year. I have been making yummy bread every week since and it only takes about 10 minutes of my time…the machine takes care of the rest!
Simple 7 Ingredient White Sandwich Bread Recipe
As a stay-at-home-mom with 3 young kids, I find myself making sandwiches very often. They are quick to throw together and the oldest kids can make their own.
I was super excited to be able to use my homemade bread on our sandwiches. I tried a few different bread recipes with varying results…some fell after the rise cycle, some didn’t rise enough, some rose way too much, and some crumbled apart. I finally found the perfect recipe for my sandwich bread and it only takes 7 ingredients!
I am using the Cuisinart CBK-100 2 LB Bread Maker, but this recipe will work in other machines as well (so keep reading!). You can also make this in the oven if you don’t have a bread machine, it will just take a little extra elbow grease:)
A loaf of bread with this recipe can be made for less than $1!
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 2 TBSP honey (you can use sugar, but honey is my sweetener of choice)
- 3 cups all purpose or bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
[Tweet “Want to make your own bread, but don’t know where to start? Try this Simple 7 Ingredient White Bread Recipe!”]
- Get the bread machine ready with the kneading paddle inserted.
- Add the liquid ingredients first.
- Add in the dry ingredients making sure that the yeast is added last.
- Choose your loaf size (I use the 2 lb option) and your crust color.
- Now you can choose your menu option. For the white sandwich bread that we are doing you would choose the Basic/White setting.
- Press start & let the machine do it’s thing! Just be sure to keep on eye on the bread through the knead and rest cycles to be sure that it has mixed well and that it isn’t too dry or too sticky.
- You can pull the kneading paddle out during the rest cycle after all kneading is finished so you don’t end up with a large hole in your bread after it is baked.
- When baking is finished (about 3 hrs normal mode or 1 hour Rapid Bake) you can take the pan out and flip the bread onto a cooling rack.
- Let it cool completely before slicing.
Try this out and let me know if you like it and if there is anything you would change! You can also watch the this recipe in action on my Youtube channel!
Linked up with Homesteader Hop